Understanding Development Control Orders (NSW)

Development control orders (DCOs) are powerful instruments that are used to regulate development and land use within local government areas. In New South Wales, the provisions relating to DCOs, including their issue and enforcement, are contained in the Environmental...Read More

What is a Voluntary Planning Agreement?

In New South Wales, a Voluntary Planning Agreement (VPA) is a legal agreement between a developer and a local council or state government agency, setting out the contributions or benefits that the developer agrees to provide in return for development approval. VPAs...Read More

Love thy neighbour – common neighbourhood disputes

We’ve all heard of the saying “love thy neighbour”, however it is sometimes difficult to feel this way if your neighbour is breaching residential noise restrictions or if you are in the middle of a boundary or fencing dispute. It’s easy to feel...Read More